There is something about a sandwich that just feels safe to me, comforting and honestly DELICIOUS. I love making sandwiches at home for a quick an easy lunch that is both filling and nutrient packed. My take on a capers sandwich is filled with major benefits and major flavor. So let’s get into it!
- What you need:
- Bread – I like sourdough because its more easy to toast up and not get too hard where it hurts the inside of your mouth. You know what I am talking about.
- Grass-fed mozzarella cheese
- Heirloom tomato
- Pesto – I stand behind Gotham Greens its SO GOOD!
- Balsamic Glaze
- A little butter (just for toasting up the bread)
- Salt + Pepper
- How to Make:
- First thing is first – you want to toast that bread up. You can either use the stove top with some butter in the pan or you can use the oven and pre butter the toast.
- Once you toasted one side of the bread flip and add the mozzarella. Cover and let melt. If you are using the oven switch to boiler for 2-3 min to get that cheese melted
- While the cheese is melting down cut your tomato and another veggies you want to add (spinach makes an awesome addition if you don’t have Microgreens)
- Now that everything is toasted and melted you want to spread the pesto on the empty side of your sandwich, add your tomato on top and season with salt and pepper. Add you balsamic on top
- On your mozzarella side add your Microgreens. I do this because I like how they stick nicely to the cheese. Season with pepper.
- Flip both sides together, cut and enjoy!
Leave a Reply