Did you know that September is National Self Care month? Lets just chat about self care for a moment. Self care doesn’t have to be meditation every day, drinking a green juice, or practicing mindful eating (whatever that is). Self care is whatever the heck you want it to be! If you enjoy nature, go for a walk. If you like dogs, become a dog walker for fun. If you enjoy yoga, om away girl! Whatever it is that you like to do self care is about doing more of that! Even if its drinking two green juices a day.
Let’s be real, in our world of social media and fast paced life self care has quickly turned into self pity or self indulgence. We get stressed and eat too much of that ice cream we said we were going to throw out last week because of the epic stomach ache. What about going after the same type of guy that all your friends tell you over and over is not going to work out? Spending too much money on a new bag just because Jul our new favorite blogger has it? Well all of those aren’t practicing self care.
Here are some of my favorite forms of self care – I am not saying do them all. Just find what works for you!
- Take a day off from work just because you want to!
- Take a digital detox day or month. I took the whole month off August 2018 and it was the best decision of my life
- Bubble bath! (I know so basic) Honestly I almost didn’t add this to the list but if I didn’t it couldn’t be authentic to me! I take at least 6 bubble baths a week (YES YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY). If you don’t like bubble baths then go for a warm shower with eucalyptus. I personally enjoy my bubble baths with a tablespoon of coconut oil, 7 drops of vanilla essential oil, and a good book or magazine.
- Read a book – Self Help and Personal Development are my favorites! Head to my Fall book list for more suggestions
- Be creative – make a vision board, draw, try a new recipe
- Declutter. This is one of my favorites.
- Listen to a good podcast – I love love love The Skinny Confidential
- Try a new work out class – I just bought a Peloton Bike because I was sick of paying so much for spin and now I can do it in the luxury of my own home!
- Plan for a goal – Currently mine and my husbands is to pay off all his student loan debt fast!
- Try CBD! (not for everyone) I personally use CBD because I have anxiety/ OCD (more to come on this in a later post) but I take Not Pot CBD gummies before bed to help me sleep because I get panic attacks in my sleep.
- Drink water! I shouldn’t have to explain why but I will. Ever go a day and forget to drink your water? Then get home from work and wonder why you feel so off? Well its probably because you didn’t drink enough water that day! I try for a gallon a day. It keeps my skin looking amazing, my insides feel amazing, and I see a difference in my mood – weird I know but I get super aggravated when I don’t drink enough water.
Leave a Reply