I am all about small changes overtime that lead to lasting habits that promote overall wellness. I think this is the best way to achieve attainable health and wellness goals. The biggest premise to this is the ability to listen to your body and not being scared to adjust when needed! Just because you start something with the hopes that it will work for you does not mean it will. It is so important to have the ability to pivot and adjust when it comes to your wellness goals because what works for someone else may not work for you, and if you get stuck in the mindset that ‘this has to work’ you are hindering yourself from being able to figure out what actually works for you and your body.
Here are 5 simple things that have been working for me recently and may work for you as well!
• Upping my water from 60oz to 80oz a day. Small change but I have been seeing a big impact in my skin as well as over all health. This has been especially true since I have added some additional workouts to my routine so the extra water is needed. This has been tough in the wintertime, but I walk on my walking pad while I work and I task myself to drink one 40oz during the time I am walking. This can be anything from 45 min – 90 mins. If you are ever wondering how much water you should be drinking it’s your body weight divided in half in oz. So if you weight is 150 then I recommend 75oz of water a day 💦
• Adding home made mint ice cubes to my water. This has a big impact on my digestive health. For about 6 months now I have been buying and steeping my mint on the stove then freezing it into ice trays to add to my water with some lemon 🍋 10/10 recommend.
• Having my coffee mid-morning/ early afternoon. This has had a really positive change on my digestion. I eat really light in the morning until after I workout so the coffee was upsetting my stomach. Instead I drink tea in the morning and then follow it up with coffee after my bigger breakfast. This has also helped me with my mid-afternoon slump/ needing that second cup of coffee ☕️✨
• Drinking Olipop for extra prebiotic rich fiber & it’s the perfect change between water and teas. I am not a soda drinker ever but I LOVE these and always have them stocked up in the fridge 🤤
• My Digestive tea blend – I know that the “bloating pills” are really making a trend right now but I love the effects of this tea blend. It’s gentle but effective. Great for post meal or before! Check my Herbal story on Instagram for full details 🫖❤️🔥
Leave a Reply